This position, based at the headquarters in Tualatin, OR, reports to the Director of Product Development. The Product Manager will have global product management responsibility for assigned product lines. The Product Manager will also work with R&D and Product Development to build inputs and marketing requirements for new products.
The ideal candidate is an analytical team player who will be responsible for leading a team of high performing individuals who own the entire product lifecycle from strategy to evaluation. You will also work cross-functionally to complete product roadmaps and discover new opportunities.
Upstream product management of the assigned product categories. This activity would include but not be limited to the following:
-Developing end user customer requirements for new product development efforts and collaborating cross-functionally with all departments for successful product launch efforts.
-Cultivate and expand groups of KOLs (Key Opinion Leaders) in key markets
-Perform Voice-of-the-Customer activities to inform the R&D process, product line extensions, and new product concepts.
-Utilize market analytics to understand market share, total available market, and emerging trends and requirements to feed new product development efforts.
-Own customer feedback and input for marketing on new product development and line extension projects from product concept up through and into full product launch.
-Coordinate with the marketing team to provide all marketing deliverables in a timely manner for the company’s Stage – Gate Product Development Process.
-Organize product launch training materials and conduct product training for new product launches as required.
-Collaborate with the Marketing Manager on downstream marketing activities as appropriate, including marketing campaigns, collateral creation, sales promotions, etc.
-Perform needs assessment of existing product lines and recommend/implement line extensions, relaunches, and promotional opportunities.
-Work closely with the Director of Marketing on related marketing activities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 5+ years of product management and marketing experience with a preference for the medical device or healthcare industry.
- Experience with NPD processes and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to accurately gather customer or end user requirements and create product proposals based on market analytics.
- Ability or experience conducting market research and assessing competitor landscape.
- Experience or demonstrated ability in relationship-building with end users in the medical device industry (Nurses, EMTs, Clinicians, etc.).
- Strong presentation skills
- Competency and understanding of medical products, channels and industry dynamics.
- MBA desirable but not required.
- Fluent written/spoken English language ability.
- Language skills desirable but not required (German, French or Spanish).
- Project Management background/experience preferred.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com