Summary: The Materials and Logistics Associate level III position reports directly to the Materials Manager. Position is responsible for materials logistics performed at SAM Medical, as well as some supervisory responsibilities. Activities include: Shipment trafficking, staging and transaction, receiving, material movements, planning, and general warehousing duties including cycle counting and investigation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Pull and stage materials for
- Ensure order accuracy and on time
- Shipment data entry and
- Ensure all inbound shipments are checked for correct items, quantities, or
- Label and move received materials to inventory location
- Kitting materials for production
- Rotate inventory as needed for FIFO
- Unloading and loading
- Inventory cycle counts and discrepancy investigation/resolution.
- Monitoring of safety stock levels for select raw materials and requesting releases from suppliers as needed.
- Supervise and train Materials and Logistics
- Keep a clean and organized
- Able to communicate effectively with co-workers and
- Able to consistently arrive to work by the predetermined start time and work full time per the company work schedule.
- Safely perform tasks in a fast paced and dynamic environment to meet multiple
- Other Duties as assigned
Required Certifications and Licenses:
- Forklift certified
- Ability to stand, climb, crouch, turn or twist, as well as other repetitive movements, for extended periods of time. (Approximately 98% of the workday)
- Ability to use stairs and ladders periodically
- Ability to push or pull heavy objects by use of material handling equipment (pallet jack, hand truck & pushcart)
- Able to safely lift up to 25 routinely
- Able to safely lift up to 50 periodically
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Basic math skills
- Intermediate Excel, Word, and Outlook skills
- Basic computer skills including the ability to use menu-based accounting
- Ability to take accurate measurements
- Five or more years’ experience in logistics or warehousing with evidence of increasing responsibility required.
- International shipping experience preferred
As a valued SAM Medical employee, you will be eligible for our excellent benefit package including:
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Paid holidays
- Vacation and PTO