Description: Maintains and repairs all factory production machines and equipment.
Reports To: Director of Operations
Schedule: 40 hours/week plus any hours needed to meet key duties/accountabilities.
Duties and Responsibility:
- Performs Preventative Maintenance (PM) activities in a timely manner coordinating with production for scheduled down time.
- Responds quickly to machine issues and operator questions. Responsible for machine uptime and MTBR (Mean time between repairs).
- Maintains spare part inventory and interacts with vendors.
- Responsible for PM and repair documentation.
- Evaluates reoccurring failures and recommends (and/or) installs machine modifications/upgrades.
- Works with R&D to develop and maintain new production fixtures.
- Responsible for sending units out for calibration and maintaining the calibration log.
- When requested by the manufacturing manager, open and close the production facility, assist with managing the production crew, and help with manufacturing.
- Support and promote lean manufacturing.
- May participate in new-hire process.
- Provides input for employee evaluations.
- Helps maintain a safe and pleasant work environment.
Required Certifications and Licenses:
- Valid driver’s license.
- Forklift certification preferred but not required.
- Must be able to work in odd positions, close quarters and lift 50 lbs.
Education and Experience:
- Two-year college degree or trade school certificate or equivalent experience in manufacturing maintenance.
- Good electrical, electronic, pneumatic, mechanical and communication skills are essential.
- Candidates should possess basic skills with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, etc...)
As a valued SAM Medical employee, you will be eligible for our excellent benefit package including:
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Paid holidays
- Vacation and PTO