- ABOUT US
- CONTACT US
At SAM Medical Products ("SAM"), our R&D department is devoted to product innovation and design. Every year, we receive proposals for new products and product enhancements. If you would like to submit your idea to us, we ask that you review and follow the process outlined in our Product Idea Submission Form documentation.
Please note that many ideas are not new to us and many ideas may have already been considered.
SAM prides itself on our innovative heritage, so we deeply understand and appreciate the desire to create something that could, quite possibly, advance the level of care for a patient. With that in mind, we'd like to share with you the following guidelines for submitting ideas to us:
- Does your idea fit within the SAM business model of providing unique, customer-driven solutions? Often times these products will offer a simpler, effective solution to address poorly met or unmet needs in a superior manner.
- Is your idea well conceived? Has it been tested? Have you considered how it would be manufactured?
- Is your idea commercially viable? For example, could it be manufactured and sold for a reasonable price? Have you approached manufacturing or design firms to obtain cost estimates for prototyping and manufacturing your idea?
- Is your idea unique? Have you done a search on Google or a search on the United States Patent and Trademark Office to see if it's unique?
- Do you need a patent attorney or patent agent to help you determine the novelty of your idea or to file a patent? If so, consult the following US Patent Attorney and Agents Search site.
- Have you applied for or been issued a patent? If issued (or published/pending), you will be asked to provide the patent (or publication) number and a copy of the patent.
Product Idea Submission Form - pdf
Online Product Idea Submission Form